As you may have noted from our past Blogtipping posts, the concept behind this series is simple: On the 1st Monday of each month, we link to three unsuspecting blogs with three compliments & one helpful comment or idea for each author. Although most months these "tipped" blogs are grouped by topic or theme, my picks for November are a random mix of blogs that have nothing in common – except that they’re each well worth checking out:
AppScout by the folks at PC Magazine is a relatively new weblog that offers up new websites & applications. Mark B. intro’d me to this blog and I keep going back because of:
- Tons of sites & web-based apps to suit nearly any need!
- Frequently-updated content means there’s always something interesting.
- Subscribe via RSS to keep up with the latest posts.
- Tip: I’d like to see more free downloadable apps featured.
Future Designs by Tuvie is a new blog launched back in July ’07 that I like because of:
- Features innovative and often very-futuristic product concepts & designs.
- Very clear product photos make it easy to see the eye-popping gadgets & design ideas.
- RSS feed option lets you easily keep up with the frequently-updated content.
- Tip: The site’s design fits the topic nicely except that the logo graphic seems oddly very un-futuristic.
Mark’s Daily Apple from Mark Sisson serves up daily health & fitness insights with a side of irreverence. Mark’s tough but positive view encourages people to discuss, learn, & rethink assumptions. There’s plenty to like on his blog:
- Full-content feeds & newsletter subscription options make it easy to keep up-to-date any way you’d like.
- Practical & relevant tips to get more out of life.
- Newly-formed discussion forums allow you to share questions & insights with others.
- Tip: I can’t think of anything to add – this is a great blog that needs to be a part of your regular read list.
Now it’s your turn! Have a favorite blog site you’d like to share?