|Easton Ellsworth over at Business Blogwire proposed that the first Monday of each month be Blogtipping Day. What is Blogtipping, you ask? Blogtipping is where you say three nice things – & offer one simple tip – to three of your favorite bloggers. After all, everyone likes a little pat on ther back, right? And you never know, your little extra bit of attention might just be the tipping point for some little-known gem of a website to become an overnight sensation.|
If you’ve read many of the posts here, you already know that Dede & I like to give credit where it’s due so we pepper our blog entries with lots of links. But this seemed like a great opportunity to do so in a more formal fashion, so, here are our Blogtippees for March 2007:
bookofjoe.com, one of my favorite blogs, is penned by Joe Stirt, the world’s first treadmill-blogging anesthesiologist. What’s to like about his site?
- His posts cover the gamut – from mundane to marvelous.
- Joe’s writing style is uncommon & uncompromising.
- New entries are posted often and the site is easy to navigate.
- Tip: Please post more info on your unconventional computer workspace setup!
TipNut, which offers tips on everything from homemade Febreeze recipes to preventing bad breath for your dog, is one of Dede’s faves because of:
- Practical tips that everyday, not-neccesarily-crafty people can use.
- Tips are well-categorized & easy to search for.
- The site features a perky color scheme & clean page layout.
- Tip: This is a new site, so the only suggestion might be to hurry up & post more tips!
TreeHugger deserves some props for placing an emphasis on improving the world. While we’re a far cry from environmentalists in any sense, I admire (& am inspired by) these folks because of:
- In-depth articles that make it easy to take steps to "green up" your life.
- The wealth of interesting new blog entries that pour in continuously!
- Convenient navigation controls right at the top of each page.
- Tip: The site’s main page is so packed that it can be a bit overwhelming.