The past month was the third wettest and, with an average daily high of just under 68°, also among the coolest Mays on record. But Summer’s finally stirring and the thermometer is inching perilously close to the century mark. With these warmer, longer days, it’s not always easy to divvy up time for being cooped indoors surfing websites. Even so, there’s no shortage of noteworthy blogs. And Blogtipping is a chance to give three compliments — and offer one useful tip — to three fellow bloggers:
Connected Internet from British blogger Everton Blair covers gadgets, web development & marketing, computer gaming, gadgets, and a range of general technology news has a lot to offer:
- Very clean & easy-to-navigate site design.
- Features a steady stream of new & interesting tech content.
- Well-connected (pun intended!) with its reader base, CI even features a message forum.
- Tip: Everton’s a bit enigmatic – I’d like to see him join in on the Face Behind the Blog meme so we can catch a glimpse of the wizard behind the curtain.
Fire Ant Gazette from West Texas blogger, Eric Siegmund is offered as "observations from a decidedly ordinary perspective," but I’ve found it to be uncommonly good because of…
- The conversational tone and wry wit.
- Post topics vary greatly but are often of local interest.
- Between the blog comment banter and his meeting with other area bloggers, Eric fosters a real sense of community.
- Tip: Earlier this year, the blog featured more photos & I’d like to see that trend make a comeback.
- Thought-provoking content about writing, technology, & just generally-interesting stuff.
- Her promotion of community-building blog carnivals & friendly web marketing techniques.
- Although a revamp is forthcoming, the site layout is already clean & accessible.
- Tip: As with the other Blogtippees this month, more photos and/or graphics could sure spice this site up.