Earlier this week, Rowan tagged me to join in the "8 Random Things" meme. Like Bob, I usually shy away from memes because so many seem designed to do little more than artificially garner linkbacks & boost Google PageRank. But, not unlike David Airey’s The Face Behind The Blog Collection, this meme aims to reveal some interesting & fun facts that give a little more insight on fellow bloggers, so it seemed worth a shot.
First, the rules:
- Each player posts a blog entry listing 8 random facts about themselves.
- People who’re tagged need to write a blog post with these rules & their own list of 8 random things.
- At the end of the post, you tag up to 8 other bloggers you’d like to see participate.
So, off we go! Here are my 8 random things:
- I got my first pair of glasses on October 31st, 1970. Yup, Halloween. No kidding.
- I’ve loved Snoopy ever since my cousin Kathy taught me how to draw him when I was about 5 years old.
- I once climbed to the top of a water tower in Amarillo with an American Indian named Ivan.
- I’m about 10 years older than most people would ever guess.
- I haven’t had a carbonated beverage (alcoholic or otherwise) in 3 years.
- The first car I ever drove with a manual transmission (a.k.a. stick-shift) was an electric blue VW Karmann Ghia coupe.
- Almost nothing aggravates me more than wet socks.
- I’d secretly love to be a rock ’n roll drummer. Okay, maybe that’s not a very well-kept secret since I drive lots of people crazy with my incessant tapping.