December’s Blogtipping post comes much later in the month than normal but it was delayed for the best of all reasons — we were in Moscow at the first of the month meeting our new son, Liam Matthew! Anyway, better late than never, right? In honor of our fellow adoptive parents, our picks for December feature just a few of the many, many great blogs done by other parents who’ve either already adopted, or will soon complete their adoption(s):
A Dad’s Journey Through International Adoption is Steve & Stefanie’s detailed account of their adoption of Andrei from Novosibirsk, Russia. We love this blog because of:
- You get the rare "dad’s perspective" that’s missing from many adoption blogs.
- Steve’s a funny guy!
- Neat videos!
- Tip: We’d like to see more photos & videos.
Olive You by Frank & Christen is a rare blog in that they haven’t actually started the adoption process yet:
- Christen writes about their experiences as they prepare for their Russian adoption in ’08.
- Very pretty site design & layout.
- Great sense of humor & variety of topics.
- Tip: We’d just like to see more of those awesome Cayman Island photos!
Family Reunion from Dave & Debbie Brown is a great launching point for other adoption parents — international or domestic:
- Debbie’s frequently-updated sidebar makes it easy to keep up-to-date on the progress of lots of other parents’ adoption journeys.
- A great variety of post topics including reviews & little inspirational pieces.
- Frequent posts keep the interesting stuff coming.
- Tip: Hey Deb, more pics please!
Now it’s your turn! Have a favorite blog site you’d like to share?