March marks the 1st anniversary of Blogtipping here on 2Dolphins. I’ve enjoyed being able to offer a little tip o’ the hat each month to a few fellow bloggers. If you know of a blogger who deserves a little extra attention, be sure to post a comment!
Still cruising along on the parental theme, this month’s Blogtipping highlights 3 blogs I’ve discovered recently that’re for dads. Many of us dads don’t have the advantage of the instinctive parenting know-how that most of our wives seem to have, so we can use all the help we can get!
Dad Balance Digest by Derek Semmler is a resource for , & discussions for Dads who’re struggling to find a healthy balance between career & family. Derek offers:
- Practical tips & advice for making the most of your "family time."
- Relatable & funny stories to help drive home key points or ideas.
- Easy to navigate site & RSS feed makes it easy to keep up with the latest posts.
- Tip: I enjoyed the interviews with well-known bloggers like Darren Rowse & Leo Babauta. I’d like to see more of these!
MetroDad is less about offering advise or pointers but more about sharing stories from the battlefield that is fatherhood:
- MD seems to be from that cusp between the "Baby Boomers" and "Generation X," so his stories are very relavent.
- MD’s anecdotes are hilarious!
- Add the blog’s feed to your RSS reader and you can stay up-to-date easily.
- Tip: I believe MD is working on some design changes that’ll bring a fresh look to the site.
noodad from Gregory Ng & Mike Schneider is a blog for new dads who’re looking for a little guidance — or just other dads to sympathize with. With a site logo that’s a baby bottle morphing into a beer bottle, what more do ya need? It’s worth a look because:
- Practical advice & tips for us newbie dads.
- Great product reviews!
- Hot celebrity mom polls!
- Tip: Hey guys, please add a category on your sidebar for product reviews to make ’em a bit easier to find those articles!
As a bonus, I’ve just got to mention DadLabs again. The videoblogs that these crazy dads from Austin crank out are not just insightful & informative, but they’re also freakin’ hilarious!