April ’08 Blogtipping – All About the Benjamins
What with April bringing a close to tax season and lots of people getting those handy rebate checks in, "personal finances" seemed like a really suitable topic for this month’s Blogtipping post. The Internet is peppered with all kinds of great sites with terrific information about personal finances — far more than I could mention here — but here are 3 blogs I frequent that really have something special to offer:
Generation X Finance by Jeremy Vohwinkle has articles that’re geared towards "Generation X" but I keep coming back because:
- While the topics may be geared towards those in their late 20s – 30s, the great info here is applicable to anyone.
- Very practical packing tips!
- Clean site design!
- Tip: Hey Jeremy, maybe you need a snazzy logo for your site?
Dumb Little Man from Jay White isn’t strictly a blog about money matters but it’s definitely worth a look because:
- Tons of useful articles on healthy living, personal development, organization, & finances.
- Easy-to-navigate site design!
- DLM Blender scoops up great posts from around the Web.
- Tip: I’d like to see just a few more images in the posts.
Wise Bread is a fantastic group blog for personal finance & frugal living tips. There’s lots to like about this community-driven site:
- Tons of practical & applicable tips for living large on a small budget.
- You’ll definitely want to subscribe via email or RSS feed to keep up with the very frequent updates.
- Very active forum provides a place to interact with others amd get even more info on making every penny count.
- Tip: This is one of my never-miss mainstay blogs — I can’t think of anything that’s missing.
As a bonus, SNL offers a revolutionary debt & money-management program. Chris Parnell teaches Steve Martin & Amy Poehler the secret to financial success. Stop whatever you’re doing right now and go watch this hilarious video at Consumerist.com:
Now it’s your turn! What are some of the personal finance blogs or sites that you frequent? Post a comment and share the wealth!