Blogtipping is a chance to give a nod to some noteworthy fellow bloggers — after all, everyone likes a little pat on the back, right? And you never know, this could be the tipping point for some lesser-known gem of a website to become an overnight sensation. May’s installation is a grab-bag of assorted blogs that don’t have anything else in common other than, well, we think they’re worth checking out:
Blue Skunk Blog is a recent discovery but I’ve been enjoying keeping up with Doug, both on the blog & via email. Doug Johnson, who is the Director of Media & Technology for the Mankato (MN) public school system, uses this as a sounding board for education- and technology-related topics among other things. What’s not to like:
- Some great reading material about kids & technology.
- Be sure to check out Doug’s free e-book.
- Nice, clean site layout makes everything easy to find!
- Tip: I’d like to see a page aggregating some of the reference material links that’re peppered throughout some of your posts — like the Alliance for Childhood’s Tech Tonic.
- Practical eco-friendly tips drawn from personal experiences.
- Jen’s "Living Mindfully" attitude is inspiring & infectious!
- Posts target the bigger picture — not just being greener, but also increasing the health of your family, decreasing expenses, reducing waste, & just being a better overall person.
- Tip: I’d like to see a few more images & photos!
4 Reasons Why from brothers Mark & Sean Evans is a fun blog that I recently added to my Google Reader subscription list because:
- Each post features a short list of 4 (sometimes 5) items to support an idea or argument.
- I like the controversial angle that these guys take on topics.
- Very clean site design makes it easy to navigate & discover lots of interesting stuff.
- Tip: Guys, your "About Us" page could use just a little more info and maybe include a photo so we know what you look like?
Now it’s your turn! Post a comment to share one of your favorite blogs!